For many of us, we lack the time to truly commit to a design project or a simpler redesign project. As such, we thought we would offer some quick touches that can give your favourite space a reinvigorated feel with minimal effort and time invested on your part.
Take An Hour:
- Dust the mantle and place some new accessories up for display. Glass pieces make a great addition as they are clear and will give the appearance of increased space.
- Declutter the coffee tables of books, magazines, remotes and more. Find a new crafty container to hold these items that constantly go missing.
- Turn the couch cushions and plump those pillows.
- With your coffee and end tables now clear, rearrange remaining accessories. Consider tackling bookcases and curious with the same intent.
Take a Day:
- Select a new colour scheme and incorporate some easy design elements including a cosy blanket and some throw pillows. Remember, different shapes and sizes can add to the allure of the space being revamped.
- Swap rugs out between rooms and spaces. Not only will this help adjust your décor, it may also extend the longevity of your favourite floor mats.
- With warm temperatures often come budding plants. Bring in some fresh cut flowers to add a breath of fresh air to the space.
- If you want a dramatic change, consider rearranging furniture if you have enough help and patience to see the activity through to completion.
Take a Weekend:
- Revisit the bookcases and organise your collection by colour or size. Have you ever considered your collection can actually make a rustic design statement?
- Purchase and install crown moulding or wainscoting. We recommend painting it a soft shade of white.
- Refinish a piece of furniture such as a favourite oversized chair. Alternatively, consider painting the inside of your bookcases or curio cabinets for a refreshed look.
- Venture out and shop a local flea market, yard sale or antique for a great conversational piece of vintage furniture. Some of our favourites include night stands, side tables or ottomans.
With a little time and creativity, an easy redesign of a room could be well within your grasp. Good luck!